This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, July 2, 2010

I'M TAKING A REQUEST

       On Wednesday I did a post about the Soundtrack of My Life.  I had something like 15 songs on my soundtrack  There was some interest expressed on behalf of others to join in on this.  Gregg from Gospel Driven Disciples asked if we could set up a blog fest for Monday July 19th.  Okay, I'm game for that.  How about you?  Care to join us?  This date two weeks away gives you plenty of time to come up with a list.

      Some of us have been having quite a good time with our lists of favorite music and movies.  Well, I know I have.  Now you can really get personal, reflective, and a bit creative.  As I explained on Wednesday, I was inspired to do this from Modern Day Drifter's Country Girl blog.  She did this a couple weeks ago and I thought it was a pretty cool idea so I decided to come up with my own soundtrack.  Now I invite you to share yours as well.

        Maybe this is the music that would be the soundtrack to a movie about your life.  It might be something you'd want to let your children or grandchildren hear to summate your life in music.  Or it could be inspiration as you write your memoir.   Perhaps it could even be the music you'd want played at your funeral.

         What songs shaped your life?  What are the tunes that bring back memories of special times, places, or people?   Do you have a soundtrack that tells the story of You? 

           The Soundtrack Of Your Life will be happening on Monday July 19th.  List the songs that describe you and your life--it can be as many or as few songs as you like.  A Linky list will go up next week.   This coming Monday will be the overwhelmingly popular 10 Hot Latin Favorite Albums list (2 of us signed up so far?).  C'mon, if you're not doing anything else jump in with your favorite musica en espanol.  And definitely don't miss The Soundtrack Of Your Life.

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Sounds like fun. I'll have to ponder this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. July, Lee, July. Not June.
    I am anal retentive, as you can see ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza -- Hope you'll join us in this great exercise for remembering your past.

    Rayna-- Thank you for noticing that. I got it right in the first paragraph and now I have corrected the second mention. Now since you've said in the past that you don't really keep track of music that much would the biopic of your life be a silent movie? Would it have poetry, sounds, or any thing else in the soundtrack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soundtrack of my life would be interesting. I am posting the soundtrack of my weekly life, now I have to sum them up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be a soundtrack we created? Let me think about that! What would I pick...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I lot of songs would be in my soundtrack, but one for sure would be I Am Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could pick one song but I'll try. But its fun to check out other people's faves. See you then.

    Oh, wait, I think I have one. Yep. Got it. Have a great holiday weekend.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Arlee, great idea! I'll ponder.

    Stop by my blog and grab your award! :)

    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. There are certain songs that can transport you back. I will think on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "The Soundtrack of Your Life" sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ocean Girl - Hope you'll contribute your soundtrack since you've already started.

    Alex -- Yes, it's your very own movie soundtrack that provides background to your life story. It can be a collection of songs that mean something to you or it can be your own original score-- hopefully with some sound samples.

    Carol -- well, start gathering some songs. "I Am Woman" sounds like a very good choice-- for you that is, not me.

    Stephen -- Don't stop at just one. Put together a whole soundtrack of songs and musical selections and a bit of explanation of why.

    Olivia -- Hope you'll join us. I'll be right over to see what you have for me.

    Ann --- Songs can be a history and that's what this little exercise is all about. It's a chance to learn a bit more about each other.

    Marvin -- It's music, man. Right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee