This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, July 21, 2017

Keeping It Simple (#BOTB Results)


    I can be pretty darn fast when my world ain't so slow...

Battle of the Bands Results


        A slow computer compounded with lots of vacation things to do means I'm not getting too much done in the realm of blogging.   Sorry for not making rounds to other blogs like I usually am able to do when I'm at home with my faster computer and not as many distractions.  Most would probably agree that my time with my daughters, my family, and four beautiful grandkids here in New Jersey take precedent to blogging for now.

       One consequence of not being able to make more blogging rounds is fewer reciprocated visits to my own blog.  Of course, as many of you have noted, summertime is a time when blogging activity is down so like everyone else the voting on this Battle dropped considerably in comparison with my usual turn out.  Oh well--it is summer after all and we probably shouldn't be spending all our time indoors on the computer.

       That being said, I'll keep it short and just stick to my Battle results.

        My long familiarity with the group Clear Light and many years of enjoying their great album leaves me with a big bias for the pairing of Cliff De Young, lead singer of my favored group, and Rob Zabrecky, lead singer of Possum Dixon.   And I prefer the musical style of Clear Light though I thoroughly have enjoyed the music of the newer group.  Therefore my vote goes to Clear Light and Cliff De Young.

          It was a close one with my guy coming in second.

Final Vote Tally:

Cliff De Young                 8

Rob Zabrecky                   9

Next Battle Tuesday August 15th

         I won't have many posts until that time.   I'll try to put up one post for Insecure Writer's Support Group on August 2nd, but other than that this blog will be pretty quiet.  Ah, peace and quiet on lazy summer days.  Or maybe not so lazy.  Either way I hope you are all having wonderful summer days.





     

25 comments:

  1. If you're enjoying visiting with your family that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, true, I wouldn't exchange this family time for all the blogging in the world.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Nice, close Battle, LEE. See you on the 15th.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    [Link:) Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STMcC, unless I see you first before then.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're having a fun vacation. This heat and humidity though. OMG. I hope you guys have been cooling off at the Jersey Shore or in a pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I've been sitting poolside some while watching the kids cavort in the water, but also staying in the AC a lot. It has indeed been hot and humid.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. And I thought it was just me :) I'm getting fewer reciprocated visits to my blog too. You're right though, it's summer and that's the time for family fun. I just came back from vacation and am leaving again next week for a couple of days. Gotta get in that quality time while we can enjoy it. I'm glad you are, Arlee! Have fun near my old stomping grounds.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, Jersey is fun. Enjoy meeting my daughters' friends and just being with the family. Blogging deserves a break.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Oh good. Glad I can blame summer for my slow response to comments. I don't think I've finished returning comments from July's IWSG yet, but that's what I get for co-hosting! But seriously, spending time with family and other activities should absolutely take priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara, I was able to make very few #IWSG visits because it was at an intense time of visiting and traveling. If I was commenting on more blogs I'd likely have more visits--that's the way blogging often seems to work.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. Real life wins out over blogging, every time! ☺ I think we've all experienced a drop in viewership and general online participation lately. ♫Summertime and the livin' is easy♫ as the song says. You had a close battle there. I was on your side and voted for Cliff. Enjoy the rest of your holidays, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, this summer is the least active blogging-wise that I've ever been, but I've been experiencing a bit of online ennui of late. A break is needed.

      I had no real idea of how this Battle would go, but I'm happy with the outcome.

      Lee

      Delete
    2. I'm feeling the same way, these days. Good to take a break!

      Delete
  7. My summer is flying by in a flurry of activity trying to get my daughter enrolled in college and set up to start adult life.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, much of my time has seemed slow and leisurely until it passes and then I'm amazed that it all went by so quickly in retrospect.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your family Lee, they're precious.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lee. Glad to hear you are having fun with your family. I'm about to have fun with my family too: my mom is (finally) moving down here to Austin and she arrives on Wednesday. My brother & sister-in-law are with her in N Carolina right now and will be flying with her down here (she's never been on a plane before! She just turned 83 today). My bro & SIL are staying with me until 8/15 so that will be a nice reunion.
    Family is precious. I'm so excited because I'll finally have family in town -- living here. For so many years I have missed out on all the family holiday gatherings because I'm always stuck here taking care of everybody else's dogs and until now, had no family here either. Except last year when my Mom and Dad stayed with me for nearly a year. We were able to celebrate together Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day and both my parents birthdays which are in July. So that was way cool. Will just be missing my Dad this time around... :(

    Cherish every single moment, my friend. And I know you do. Be safe out there. Have fun.

    Oh yeah, nice close battle! I just posted the results from my 4-way and next month will be the "run-off" --

    take care,
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, I feel sad for those in families who don't get along well. To me family is so important. Have a great time with yours.

      Lee

      Delete
  10. Lee,

    Oopsy, I missed your last BoTB. I meant to get over to vote but my best intentions didn't pan out. So sorry about that! This certainly was a close battle, though. I don't remember either of your song choices but if I had voted then I think it would've been for the winner, too. Summer is scooting by fast, isn't it? Things will simmer down before long and we'll all find our way back to normal life in Blogosphere once again. Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, guess I assumed that you had voted. Next round I should garner more votes.

      Lee

      Delete
  11. I've been writing less blog posts on my own blog as well, at least the main one. I figure not as many people are regularly reading blogs in the summer anyway, and that they'll get more readership over time, when people search for those topics. Enjoy your summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie-Anne, actively making visits to other blogs with comments makes a huge difference especially for the BOTB posts that I do. Soon vacation time will be over for most of us and it will be blog business as usual.

      Lee

      Delete
  12. So glad you're enjoying the summer! Sorry I missed the battle. My vote would have tied it up!
    I look forward to actively blogging again now that a recent 'Sunset walk' has come to an end. See you and all real soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diedre, another summer drawing to an end, my wife will be returning to work and I'll be back to puttering about the house all day.

      Lee

      Delete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee